jeudi 27 août 2009

The last summer atelier cuisi/cartes!

I didn't take many photos of the food today but the others did so if they send them I'll show you later. This was our salad with chicken, mushrooms, herbs, onion, chilli and cashew nuts, it was delicious and perfect for a hot day like today.



Here are the 5 boxes the girls made to put their cards in. The bird is in a Stampin'Up! set but it belongs to an American friend of mine. I've enjoyed playing with it.

Muriel's box with the train is for her grand-son, I'm sure he'll enjoy the shortbread inside more than the box!












The girls today gave me permission to write my message in English, yippee! Today there was Muriel, Martine, Rolande, Colette and her grand-daughter Sara at the house for an all day session. We started off with scones for breakfast (with butter and jam of course), then the Key Lime Pie for dessert was made and put in the fridge to set. We moved on to shortbread which was to be shared out at the end of the day and wrapped up in a hand-made box. All the ingredients for the 'summer salad with chicken, chilli and cashew nuts' were prepared and put aside.
We worked so quickly that we went up to the craft room (sorry I should have said 'my TIDY craft room') at 11 o'clock to start on the boxes. As you can see by the photos each person chose their stamps and colours to make the 4 cards plus gift box and the box for the shortbread. The templates for both of the boxes were found on the Scor-Pal site and they are so quick and easy to make.
It was quite an experience to spend a whole day like this but very enjoyable despite having to think and speak French all day. The ladies today have all asked for a repeat performance so I'll have to get my thinking cap on! Here are a few piccies of the 'Cased' creations which were inspired by samples Muriel had found on Splitcoaststampers. We wanted to use the 'fresh cut notes' cards wich are for sale in the mini catalogue just in case they aren't in the new catalogue in October. I'm crossing my fingers that they are because I think 5 or 6 of them in a hand-made box makes a perfect present.

4 commentaires:

aline a dit…

Waouhhhh, vous en avez fait des choses!!!
Super tout ça!

Flo a dit…

Ces boites sont vraiment super jolies !!!! Ainsi que les petites cartes (très joli choix de couleurs ...)

Valou a dit…

Supère-Moira !!! j'adore les petites boîtes et toutes les petites cartes!!!. La photo du plat me donne trop envie. Hummm
La journée a dû être géniale !

Moira a dit…

Merci les filles pour vos commentaires, ça m'a fait plaisir de les lire. En tout cas on a passé une excellente atelier.